Yesterday, as I was driving home from my YoungLives office, I was reflecting on what the week had looked like so far and what would need to be accomplished before we break for the Easter weekend. You know, a mid-week review of sorts. And really, this week has probably been a lot like your week – a full calendar, unpredictable, funny, lots of details to keep track of, and needs that may or may not be able to be met. It has included a lot of brainstorming and planning. A lot of emails and texts and printer jams. It has required flexibility and prayer. It has brought many smiles, some “whys?”, and a lot of, “oh my gosh, how are we going to pull all this off?” (those are my thoughts, not Myrna’s -lol!!!) Sound familiar? The thing that may set my week apart from yours is that YOU are actually a part of why I do what I do!
So, today, as I sit at my desk, I realize that it actually tells a good story of what we’re currently working on and since we are in it together, let me bring you in!
- Annual Giving Gala Save the Date cards labeled, stamped, and in the mail for us – thanks Nicole! If you haven’t received yours, let me know!
- Program is prepped and printed for next week’s Banquet Committee meeting.
- A box of thank you notes waiting to be written (my heart writes these notes to our donors, supporters, and volunteers all the time but unfortunately, they take me a little longer to actually get from my heart to paper, to the mailbox – ugh!)
- On Monday, we had a YoungLives Regional Staff day in Carlsbad where we shared in a time of devotion and prayer, discussed upcoming camps and volunteer training days, heard a little bit of how things are going in other local YoungLives club and were given a book on Godly discernment in leadership – thank you Emilie!
- Thank you to KelsyKenworthy.com for designing the flyer for the 3rd Annual North OC YoungLives Golf Tournament. They are now printed and ready to hand off to the tournament Director, Mike Nelson, who has taken his passion for golf to the next level in holding this benefit golf tournament for North OC YoungLives summer camp fund.
- Volunteer and Teen Parent sign-in sheets are printed and ready to go for next week’s Santa Ana Club night.
- Labels for the Baby Bottle “Change Lives” coin drive that two of our Committee members, Laurie & Cristen, are over-seeing for the second year in a row. Another fun way we raise money for the summer camp fund.
- This was a fun little surprise bag of toys given to us from one of our church partners to use as raffle prizes at next week’s Santa Ana Club night.
- A photo of four teen moms from last year’s Prom reminding me that we still have some details to get wrapped up for this year’s prom in June! (Don’t you LOVE the photos hanging at my desk of the teen parents and their little ones? Makes me smile each morning I get to my desk 🙂
- Staples on my desk – laptop and coffee.
WE are in this together. If you’re reading this, you’re invested – and if you’re invested with us, lives will continue to change. Young lives changing, this is what it is all about. Thank you for visiting! I LOVE that I get to be a part of this, I love that you get to be part of this.
Colleen Drew :: Area Office Admin